Saturday, December 27, 2008

Spontaneously Combusting Snowglobes

Hallmark recalled thousands of jumbo snowglobes due to a design flaw which makes them act as magnifying glasses. If placed close to a source of sunlight, such as on a windowsill, the snowglobes actually magnify the sun's rays, setting fire to combustible materials nearby!

The snowglobes were sold in Hallmark stores throughout the fall, fashioned in the likeness of a festive snowman. They retailed for a whopping $100, measuring 11x12x17. Consumer product safety agencies have received at least two reports of the products setting nearby materials ablaze.

The link above contains information on the recall.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment